A B.U.D. FAMILY SPECIAL SELF DELIVERANCE PROGRAMME
TAGGED: WAR AGAINST ADDICTIONS (WAA2018)
THEME DAY ONE: SEARCH ME OH LORD!
TEXT: PSALMS 139
This prayer is for those who:
Are addicted to porn
Are addicted to porn and masturbation
Have siblings or parents who are addicted to porn and or masturbation
Do not want to fall into the trap of porn and masturbation
Have husbands and fiancés and friends who are addicted to porn and masturbation
Have just started watching porn and started masturbating
Have just started an addictive act? It’s becoming a habit?
Have one sexual sin or the other that she cries about daily
IS ADDICTION A BIG DEAL? WHY DO WE NEED TO PRAY
Hear God speak:
“These things hast thou done and I kept silence: thou thoughtest that I was altogether auch an one as thyself: but I will reprove thee, and set them in order before thine eyes
Now consider this, ye that forget God, lest I tear you in pieces and there be none to deliver. Psalms 50:21-22
SEARCH ME OH LORD!
HYMN: SEARCH ME OH LORD AND KNOW MY HEART TODAY…
TEXT OF MEDITATION: PSALMS 139:24-25
What is an addiction?
My dictionary describes it thus: To involve oneself in something habitually, to the exclusion of almost anything else.
It is not always easy to recognize addiction, which leaves many people asking: how do I know if I’m really an addict?
Addiction can take on many different forms, which makes answering this question more difficult than one would think.
Recognizing the problems is the first step toward recovering from addiction if it is present.
This is why the first day of this War is titled Search me oh Lord!
Search my mum, dad, brother, sister, friend on Lord and know their hearts today.
We are majorly going to be praising God today because of so many things.
Before that, let’s have this test as copied from https://www.allthetests.com/quiz31/quiz/1412095288/Are-you-a-porn-addict
If you score 11 yeses, you may be addicted. I will be using porn as the central question. Replace porn with the habit you’re struggling it to check through the test.
1. Do you find yourself mindlessly passing time on a regular basis by staring at your phone, Tablet, or Computer surfing, viewing, or downloading pornography even when there might be better or more productive things to do? And do you seem to lose track of time when looking at porn?
2. Do you find yourself spending more time viewing or downloading pornography as opposed to socializing with real-time people or engaging in other real-time non-sexual activities?
3. Has the amount of time you spend watching porn on the Internet been increasing?
4. Do you secretly wish you could be less involved in online Internet pornography?
5. Do you find yourself viewing pornography at all hours of the day and night – even when it means interrupting other things you are or should be doing, including sleep, housework chores, or your job
6. Do you find yourself feeling somewhat ill-at-ease or uncomfortable when your device breaks and need repairing?
7. Do you typically masturbate during or after you view online pornography?
8. Do you feel reluctant to be without Internet pornography even for a short time?
9. Do you ever miss a TV show you like because you are viewing porn, or do you look at porn whilst watching the TV?
10. Do you ever choose to watch porn over hanging out with friends or family?
11. Do you feel that porn is an important part of your life?
12. Do you feel you need to watch more porn to feel good and at peace with yourself?
13. Do watching porn get rid of your negative feelings?
14. Do you feel like the worst sinner after watching porn, making you unable to pray?
15. Do you watch porn even after vowing never to do so again?
16. Do you feel agitated when you are unable to watch porn?
17. Do you gradually watch extreme videos because the porn you watch are less satisfactory?
18. Do you feel miserable after watching porn?
19. Do you feel like you can’t stop this addiction?
20. Do you weep after you relapse into the habit you have vowed never to go into again?
HOW DID THE PSALMIST GET SEARCHED?
(1) He addresses God. God is the only one who really knows our hearts (Psalm 139:1-4). No psychiatrist or adviser knows our hearts or our minds, but the Lord Himself is the searcher of hearts and knows us intimately and accurately.
(2) He asks God to search him through and through. He prays for searching of his heart, his thoughts and for such an intimate inspection that if there is any “offensive way” this will be revealed. The word ‘search’ means to ‘ransack’; it reminds us of a policeman with a search warrant, the searching look of a loved one, or of the searchlight which penetrates the darkness and reveals the enemy. David prays that God will ransack him and search him to see if there is any hidden sin, anything that grieves Him.
3) He shows courage, sincerity and humility. No-one can pray this prayer lightly, insincerely or with a proud heart. It would be mockery to do so.
4) He prays as one who is hungry for God and who wants to go on with God. This prayer reminds us of Matthew 5:6. Do you desire to go on with the Lord? Are you hungry for His best?
When we should pray this prayer
(1) When we come to the Lord’s Table/House: Turn to 1 Corinthians 11:28.
(2) When we are experiencing prosperity/success/victory. Why? Because at such a time we are likely to become spiritually slack - read Psalm 62:10 and Psalm 119:67.
(3) When we are experiencing adversity. Why? Because it could be the Lord’s loving chastening in order to bring us back into the line of His will - look up Hebrews 12:6-11.
4) When our service seems fruitless and barren. The Lord’s will is that we should bring forth fruit - look up John 15:16.
(5) When revival is needed in the Church. Read the whole of Psalm 85.
(6) When our prayers do not seem to gain the ear of God. Often we pray and our prayers do not seem to be answered - read Psalm 66:18; Isaiah 59:1-2
(7) When we find ourselves getting critical and careless and when we are very conscious that all is not well with our Christian life.
Are you charged?
Don’t be discouraged. Victory is here! You shall overcome!
Let’s start to worship God.
Thank You because Your mercies endure forever my Redeemer
Thank You because You are the only one I can call on in my distress and You would not only save me but will set me in a large place
Thank You Lord because since You are with me, I will not fear what any man, any porn, any addiction would do to me anymore
Thank You because You have made it possible to trust You over any man. Though I have failed a number of times, I thank You because I am convinced that you are my portion
Thank You dear Lord for counting me amongst those who would be waging war against addiction this week.
Oh Lord, I thank you because though I believe in You, you would still help my unbelief
I worship your power Dear Redeemer because though I might be encompassed about with various spiritual challenges, in your name, I will destroy all of the enemies’ schemes
Thank You for the power that is in Your name which I can use to detangle myself from all fetters and bondages
Thank You savior because though different addictions thrust me her and there so that I should fall and be crushed, in your powerful name, I can destroy them all
Thank you Lord because You are my strength, song and salvation
Thank You because I am a righteous person in the making and I would get to the point of perfection by Your grace
Thank You Lord because the voice of rejoicing and salvation is in my life already to replace all my cries of regrets, fallings and other shortcomings
Thank You Savior because I cannot die. I am invincible. This sin cannot kill me. I will kill it in Jesus’ name. Amen
Thank You because though You have corrected me severally, yet have you not given me over to death
Thank You savior because You have opened unto me the gates of righteousness and going into them, I will praise Your name.
I will praise You always for You have heard me and You have become my salvation
Though I have been rejected, though I had lost hope in myself , I thank You because I will eventually become the head stone of the corner
I thank You because the residue of the dirty things I have watched that has been saved in my memories, in my heart, in my eyes, You are already working on it in order to delete them permanently.
Thanks for everything you are planning to do in my life because by the time it would blossom, all- even me would marvel.
Thank You because I will continue to rejoice daily in the days you have made and I will rejoice and be glad in all my days in Jesus’ name
Thank you for frustrating the tokens of liars and making diviners mad over my situation.
Thank You because I when I call on you to save me, to make me prosper, you will yield to me.
Thank you for showing me light, thank you oh my God! I praise you and exalt you oh Lord!
You are good and Your mercies endures forever dear Redeemer.
Thank you gracious Lord because I your spirit would go with me through this week as I quench the ravaging fire of sin burning me under
Sing if you know it:
Gbogbo’ogun to n ja mi nikoko
Ati eyi to n ja mi labele
Edumare gbe mi leke gbogbo won
Ko to di pe, won o ba mi laye je
Thank You because it wouldn’t be a futile exercise at all my Father because I will never let you go except you bless/deliver/save/ransom me
Sing, I will never let You go except you bless me (3x)
I soak Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday in the blood of Jesus
By the time I rise from my knees on Saturday, into a new week, it would be with Your power and in your might Dear Saviour. Thank You Lord
Thank You Lord for searching me thoroughly.
Thanks You dear Lord. Thank You!
You can thank Him as led further
GO IN THIS THY MIGHT B.U.Ds!
Remember to keep your body under!
See you tomorrow!